THE DESTINY




I loved perfection so had chosen a medical branch as a profession 
I knew only being a doctor would ultimately give me the desired satisfaction 
Good at studies I got through in my first attempt
A decision which to this day I never did  repent

Had always wanted to climb the ladder of success 
By putting in my best and never believing in taking a recess 
But God had plans different than mine 
And I had to believe in the plans of divine 

My brother left for states to pursue his career
And I was happily married in the very same year
We lacked the finances to start a private set up 
But had all the will to keep our morals high up

We were blessed by God to cater to the family needs
And happily together after planning  we did proceed
As Jai plunged head on into his profession
I took a back seat giving away my professional passion 

He pursued his career as a pediatrician 
As I subjugated my desire to climb to the top of my profession 
I had plenty of jobs to look after as a manager
Being an artist at heart I did possess that calibre

The family and my children needed my supervision
As also the construction work needed my administration and envision
Balancing ourselves in our respective jobs we marched
In spite of our financial burdens we tried to keep ourselves fully charged

With God's grace we were able to fulfill the desired responsibility
As we moved on fulfilling one by one our moral duty with agility
Why do I talk and think of this today after reaching my life's pinnacle
Is it because deep down I still consider that it is not a pinnacle but a debacle  

If only I could have been a top order gynec expert
After pumping in all of me in my profession as a dexter
But then I would have to leave my parents behind in Varanasi on their own
And let my in-laws to fend for themselves with their miseries out of proportions blown

My children would be left unattended or would have to be sent to boarding
At a tender age they would be on their own as we would be busy hoarding 
As I analyse I conclude that professional satisfaction is not the only form of satisfaction
At times a pivotal role brings in a form of satisfaction which is beyond one's imagination

Today I have plenty of time courtesy mercy divine
As I tread the life's path building up the artistic intelligence of mine
Obstetrics is the field to which the professional me is restricted
To photography and writing prose and poetry I have now become addicted

Overall a wonderful journey this topsy turvy ride of life has been
In spite of the roadblocks and some mundane periods  it never lost it's sheen
I have enjoyed all it's crests and troughs as they passed
As also the showered blessings which resulted in a joy unsurpassed 

ArchanaTandon





































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

खुद्दारी और हक़

रुद्राभिषेक

आँचल की प्यास