FATE OF WOMEN COURTESY PROPOSED MTP BILL


Here is a poem to describe the plight of a female who landed up with perforation and intestines pulled out of it by some unqualified person .







I lay there bleeding 
With my relatives pleading 
Medical help was needed 
As the old MTP bill was super seeded 
By the new drafted MTP Act 
Which was the Government's pact 
The doctors said the nurse had failed to assess 
The duration of pregnancy and had made a mess 
As I had missed just one period 
And the nurse was not experienced 
She missed that I was three months pregnant 
So she left me to bleed with all the remnants 
My intestines too had been pulled out 
Which the nurse knew nothing about 
The doctors shifted me to the OT 
To proceed with their duty 
They did everything to save my life 
And I was relieved of my strife
The doctor announced that I had lost a few inches of my intestine 
In spite of that to me he  looked so pristine 
I pray to God that such a bill is withdrawn 
Which makes the women ; all the more the society's pawn 



Archana




Comments

Satyawadi said…
The ASHA type female attendants were always permitted to conduct deliveries.that was bad enough because a "Normal Delivery" is not always a child's play. But the recent MTP Act 2014 ( amended ) is reall y too much. I shudder to think that it was approved by Union Health Minister who himself is a doctor.

Popular posts from this blog

खुद्दारी और हक़

रुद्राभिषेक

आँचल की प्यास