WHY I LOVE CELEBRATING MY B'DAY






Having B’Day’s is fun . It’s an absolute confirmation that you have survived one more year ,lived it and loved ur survival .

One more year added means one more year spent working , loving, celebrating relationships and enjoying every success and learning
from every failure .

The older I am getting I am being blessed with more friends from different phases of life from whom I have and can learn so much.Those include from my childhood ,school days ,college days , associations , societies from innumerable cities and countries (Thanks to Facebook ). Their messages ,their cheery tidings of good wishes give me a daylong dose of happiness . Pretty cool it is if you ask me .

This feeling of being wanted and needed by someone is the best dose of Dopamine one can get and wish for . And that is why it is said love is so important !!

It’s a day that no one is going to mind if you sing, dance ,laugh for no cause or just giggle a lot. You can be a kid. But you can enjoy that like a grownup.
As adults I think we get really wrapped up in work ,life and getting by .
We have families, kids, illness, financial pressures among  a million other things on our plates. So celebrating our birthday seems well , a bit much. We’re either too tired, not in the mood, don’t feel like it, don’t want to make it a “big deal”, hate surprises, or we hate getting older so why celebrate at all ?

Do I Sound familiar ?

THOUGH I WOULD SAY THIS IS NOT MY TAKE .

I love the feeling of having my loved ones around me kissing me hugging me , pampering me and celebrating me just as in those childhood days 

Some may not agree but to me it does matter J

Think about it ; this is a day one makes the world better by one’s birth .The world of so many people was made better just because you were born . I don’t know about you but if that’s not a reason to celebrate then I don’t know what is !


To be honest though I don’t feel like celebrating this year and I am feeling pretty bleh ..I have had health challenges , a lot many confrontations , battled depressive tendencies after so many of my samaaj sudharo abhiyaans by fighting corruption at all levels never letting frustration set in at failures to get results as I continued being me .

I am hardly in the “ party spirit “ ; yet the spirit is EXACTLY what I need .

I think I am lucky to be alive and being surrounded by people who celebrate my being ,who care about me and  who love me .

I hope this post inspires  all those who say “Why should one celebrate one’s Birthday  “ to celebrate ;to sit down and consciously create a list of fun , heart-opening ,life affirming and downright awesome ways to celebrate one’s B’Day apart from one’s daily routine .

I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS OF HOW I WOULD LIKE TO CELEBRATE MINE . I SELECT THE WAY FROM SUCH A LIST. AS I BECOME 55 THIS YEAR FROM NEXT YEAR I WOULD LOVE TO SELECT ONE FROM THE LIST BELOW TO CELEBRATE THE DATE   IN EACH MONTH  FROM NEXT YEAR . LET ME SEE IF I SUCCEED

I share the list with all of you today .




THINGS I WOULD LOVE TO DO ON 19th  OF  EACH MONTH  IN 2016 FROM THESE OPTIONS TO CELEBRATE MYSELF J






Have a picnic at the beach .

Have a dinner at my favourite restaurant with JAI
Go see a movie, solo .
Get a manicure or pedicure at home sitting in my lounge .
Call my employee of yesteryears an old ayah and get a leg massage as she relates how her children are doing well .
Miss work  and just read magazines and drink tea all day .
Read , read and read experiences of others or anything on spirituality .

Take a dance class
Sit on the terrace and gaze at nothing the whole day thinking of occasions and smiling to self J
Take a photo walk around my neighborhood
Have breakfast in bed
Look back through old photos and albums, and reflect on just how much fun life has been
See videos of self and family to recollect old times
Dress up and stay at home ,frequently gazing at self in mirror and getting self photographed by Jai J
Chat  with a friend the whole day,a brainy talk or just for a laughter  .J
Make a rangoli .
Decorate the house .
Decorate Kulri with flowers and teal lamps and keep gazing at them as they burn at night ,photographing them and self with them J
Soak in a bath to heart’s content with no phone - calls .
Have a bonfire on the beach .
Have a tea date with a friend.
Write a blog with no other commitment to attend .
Spend hours in the pool dipping and lazing on the chairs intermittently .
Go on a shopping spree

Call my elders and add on to my wisdom .
Smile at every single person on one of the days when in a bad mood .
Jump on the trampoline with Jai .
Write a love letter to myself and then e-mail  it to myself for it has been 28 yrs since I have received one J and all old ones lie in my locker J Jai r u listening J
Go to check on the locker and sit there reading the letters of my first month of married life J
Have a long Skype chat with papa ,mummy and children

Dance with Jai in the lobby by putting my song Dil Ki Girah
Meditate on my terrace garden grass at 5AM with Jai vigilant for monkeys as I meditate J
Visit a friend far away unannounced and compelling her to take a break from work and chat the whole day J
Visit an old age home or anathashram and sit there the whole day listening to their stories .
JUST DO NOTHING
THANK YOU ELDERS AND THE YOUTH BRIGADE OF THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS FOR WISHING ME ON THIS DAY AND MAKING MY DAY SPECIAL !! LOVE YOU ALL




Comments

Shruti Malvi said…
Wonderful n inspirational write up Archana ma'am. Commendable how you fight out the negativities to triumph and fly higher towards happiness. Luv u!! Lets feel and not just be alive. :)
Rati said…
I m astonished to read your blogs bua..I m working as a content analyst..still you write much better blogs than me..:)Too Gud..i m loving it..;)
Unknown said…
Very inspiring.
Loved it.
There were a few incidences in my life which made me quite aversive to my birthday celebrations.
But now i feel different.
Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š
Thnx friends for the appreciations !!
Unknown said…
May god help you in fulfilling all your dreams,once again Happy B,day,enjoy as you always do..
Unknown said…
Archana my son told me once people in retiring age should help others socially .we live like pyramid and top of pyramid is social work live for others.
Thnx shruti !! U 2 r a spirited person so u get me !!
Thnx Rati !!Learning from u kids !!
He is right Vanrekha !!

Popular posts from this blog

เค–ुเคฆ्เคฆाเคฐी เค”เคฐ เคนเฅ˜

เคฐुเคฆ्เคฐाเคญिเคทेเค•

เค†ँเคšเคฒ เค•ी เคช्เคฏाเคธ